Thursday, October 13, 2011

Here's a post for anyone with kids, or anyone who still feels like a kid


First off I'd like to welcome our newest contributor Sean Burley to the Made in NY blog. Hi Sean! He shares the vision of this blog, and loves NY state. I can't wait to see more contributions.


This post is all for the kids, and the kids at heart. As a kid and a young teenager one of my favorite chewing gums was Big League Chew, especially during the little league season. I would always have a pouch in my bag whenever I'd go to practices or games, and looking back as an adult I can still remember a couple of the games we'd play. One was who could blow the biggest bubble, and who could hold it for the longest. The second was who can chew the most at one time. Then there was always the feeling that chewing it connected you with your favorite big league players, especially if you collected enough wrappers to send in for your own replica World Series championship ring.


I haven't chewed this gum in years, and only recently started thinking about it again when I learned that this gum is manufactured in Akron, NY. Next time you're looking for a locally made gum try to remember to pick up a pouch of Big League Chew.

2 comments:

  1. I love that stuff as a kid!!! Brought back memories... I left a comment, you asked to rate your blog.

    Borrowed Faith

    http://borrowedfaith.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete